What are Internet Influence Engines and why do they matter to my business?
Although we know Google is the number one search engine, most of us don’t know there are more than 50 other key online “Influence Engine” locations! You must be using these other locations to help Google rank your business so your target audience can find you.
We call these “Influence Engines” (or citations) and they include:
• Local Search Engines like Google Maps, Yahoo! Local, and Merchant Circle
• Social Networking Sites like Facebook, Yelp! and Twitter
• Internet Business Directories like Superpages.com and Kudzu
• Online Business Directories specific to your region or metro area
• Online Directory Assistance sites like 411.com, and
• Many category-specific directories relating to your specific industry
They matter to your business because they can have an enormous impact on how easily people find you online. Getting your information listed and encouraging customers to post comments and reviews is one of the first things you should do to get leads and customers from the Internet.
All The Best… Always!
Louis Foussard, Owner
TopSpots Marketing / Internet Marketing St. Paul